Apollo Collector Services offers a comprehensive service to both buyers and sellers at auction for individual lots or entire collections.
We can help you navigate through the changing art market by:
- identifying the appropriate auction house for particular lots
- liaising with specialists on estimates or valuations and assessing pre-sale interest
- organising independent valuations and condition reports
- conducting provenance, exhibition and literature research
- acting as buyer and/or seller’s agent offering anonymity
- negotiating advantageous sales terms (auction or private treaty)
- outlining import/export requirements and VAT implications
- assisting with post-sale requirements
Case StudyThe owner of 50 contemporary prints, ranging from £100,000 to £150,000 in value, sought expert advice about the disposal of his collection.
With market knowledge the advisor identified the best auction house for consignment, conducted provenance research to enhance value, negotiated a significantly reduced seller’s premium and attractive placement in the catalogue, monitored pre-sale interest, arranged packing and transport logistics and handled settlement post-sale.