Apollo Collector Services can assist both new and established buyers to achieve their collecting goals - from sourcing one particular artist’s work to creating long-term acquisition strategies to varying budgets. Apollo Collector Services can source off-market opportunities and can guide buyers through the purchasing process from beginning to end. We can assist in:
- presenting off-market opportunities through our exclusive network
- sourcing artworks from galleries, artist’s studios and auction
- negotiating favourable trade or auction terms
- performing due diligence, from condition and provenance research to ensuring all authentication and attribution requirements are met
- arranging viewings, organising transportation and overseeing shipping requirements
- providing post-sale curatorial assistance from a database of providers – from framing, installation and shipping to insurance and storage
Case StudyAn experienced and highly private European collector seeking an early work by Camille Pissarro to complement his collection of Impressionists had a specific date and subject in mind. He engaged an advisor to source the appropriate painting off-market.
The advisor knew of a work from a private Japanese collection and conducted all the necessary due diligence, academic and conservation research and took care of the viewing and shipping arrangements. The advisor not only negotiated favourable terms but by acting as agent, retained the buyer’s anonymity through correct contractual processes.